String Along

Monday 13 December 2010

Red String of Fate

For the idea of my first Treatment which i presented to the group, I've looked further into my idea of the red strings of fate to show the woman's connection the the men she's cheating on.

This video uses the idea of how the string works, and plays heavily on the 'fate' idea, as he saves the girl from the truck. This could be in interesting concept to include in my story, as we can use the idea of foreboding that the strings show her fate, rather than connection.




This video is another representation to the red string of fate, and how two people follow theirs together, but when they reach the end they're not fated to each other, but decide they would rather ignore the string, and stay together. I liked this take on the idea as it showed that the strings arent set, and dont have to be followed. Perhaps sometimes a perfect relationship isnt a relationship at all, and i'd like the maybe experiment with this idea by showing how the men choose to ignore the strings to the woman.Leaving her.











I had more inspiration from an episode of animated series i watched called XXX Holic, in this episode a woman with many boyfriends begins to feel ill from the lies she tells. By making a pinky promise and lying she slowly becomes so tangled in the strings of fate she cant move her little finger.This idea has had the most impact on my story, it's where my idea sprouted from, as i remebered the story from watching it some time ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment