String Along

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Quotes - A Fall

These are some quotes or lyrics i associate with the theme of the fall, they may help to inspire some story ideas. Some are from my most listened to songs, and I've always loved how poetic the words are, and how they stay with me.


From 'End of the World' by Matt Alber





I don’t wanna fall, I don’t wanna fly I don’t wanna be dangled over
The edge of a dying romance






This is beautiful song, about the ups and downs an a relationship. Although this can depict a heart breaking romance, i don't think it has to be a romantic love. I feel the sentiment of these words can apply to any love between two things coming to an end, it'll be interesting to see what ideas my group and i can discuss around this quote.






From ' Half Moon Street' By Tap Tap







Just stop believing that,
You’ll go to hell if you have fun this evening





I personally find this a amazing quote, despite it being simplistic, i think its because of that we can interept it in so many ways. It reminded of the fall because of the idea of hell, and it made me wonder how we restrict our self in society today, because of fears of being hurt, judged or in trouble.

I think it would be really interesting to see a character who lets that go, and how free, or disastrous it could become. Perhaps my group will have some further ideas from this quote. I also think it could present some great ideas for realism in our story, a very down to earth feature, in a location similar to the one i live in day to day.

For this video I've used a live performance because i think it emphasises on the realism in the lyrics, and sets a nice local atmoshpere to the song.






From 'No Sound But The Wind' by the Editors




Help me to carry the fire
We will keep it alight together
Help me to carry the fire
It will light our way forever









This has to be one of my favoutie songs, when listening to the words i can help but imagine a story of two characters on a journey through many dangers, helping one another and caring for each other through it.

This can been shown in so many ways, so many stories ans stituations can fit to this idea, wether its a day to day life for the characters, supporting each other through life, or running across the country, away from the monster who have forced them from there home. Or perhaps even the 'fire' can represent something more powerful, something they share. A child maybe, or hope, or anything that can fit into the context of the story.

What i love about these lines is that there so open to different stories and tales, no matter who is listening, they could relate to the words to a aspect of there life. It relates to a wide audience on a emotional level.

It also present me with a rooted theme, although it can be interperted in many ways, the main message stays the same. Sharing and supporting something dear. This idea reminded me of the fall because the words suggest them helping each other through a fall, similar to that of Roy and Alexandria in the film too.





No comments:

Post a Comment