String Along

Monday 20 September 2010

'A Fallen Friendship' ~ Cinematography with a story



For this task we were set to compose a series of images with a house style, suggesting a story with a title and fitting music. What i wanted from my shoot was to style and compose my pictures as if they were separate screenshots, taken at different points in the film, to make the story less static, and reminiscent of a storyboard layout.

Approaching my task, i had the idea of a 'Fallen Friendship', inspired by the music video of 'Used to be' by Beach House in a previous post. I wanted to follow a similar idea of only using two characters in a empty but serene location to create the idea of there isolation and distance from a once close friendship.

I used my local park for the setting, during the day while it was empty. I kept the lighting and colours bright, and showing the colourful surroundings to show this is a happy and comfortable place for the friends, which they have always shared with each other. I also wanted to emphasise the absence of the characters to each other by positioning. By using the same location, but in different areas i can show a immediate distance between the pair, but by also showing one character appearing always on the right and the other on the left, by being together they would be beside each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment